Quick and easy breakfast crepes. Original recipe was from allrecipes.com and did not include sugar or vanilla. The batter keeps will in the fridge for a few days.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional ingredients:
- sugar to taste
- good splash of vanilla
- powdered sugar
- any fillings - nutella, strawberries, bananas, etc.
- Melt butter in 9 or 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Combine melted butter and the rest of the ingredients in a blender, or mix with a hand mixer.
- Many recipes say let this rest for an hour - I rarely do.
- Use the same skillet which is greased with the remains of the melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet, turning the skillet in a circular motion to spread the batter out evenly across the bottom.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
- I usually put them onto a wire rack to cool for a moment before adding nutella.
- Fill with any ingredients you like - nutella, bananas, strawberries, etc. Top with powdered sugar.
Original recipes from allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16383/basic-crepes/
I will leave out the vanilla and sugar when making savory crepes (they are good with scrambled egg-based fillings also)..